Friday, April 01, 2005

To ogle or not to ogle...

Why do women wear revealing clothes and then reprimand you with a mean stare when they catch you looking? I remember one particular time, I was in a bar with some guy friends just enjoying our san mig light and talking lightly. 3 women just arrived and sat on the table next to ours. These were hot chics and had sexy bods as well. One of them had a really nice butt and incidentally, she was the one who sat down with her back towards us. She was wearing her jeans really low, and she had black thongs that was amplifying her butt cleavage. And being the warm-blooded mammals that we were, we were obviously ogling. What sane heterosexual male wouldnt? We were really minding our own business, but stuff like these are the kind that can break a guy's concentration. At the risk of sounding like a sexist pig (instead of a guy with humor), it almost looked like she was asking one of us to drop a token for the ride. Can I try swiping my credit card instead? Ha! Anyway....

Around a minute later, her friend sort of noticed and whispered something in her ear. She then gave us the meanest stare that she could muster while mumbling probably some ancient latin curse or spell, and then grabbed her hand bag and placed it between her ass and the chair, squirming in position to try to cover the spotlight. End of the show.

And I was like.. "What the fuck?"

Why on earth do you wanna wear something like that if you dont expect men to look at it? Let's face it. Men are men, and being sentient beings, we will always respond to visual stimuli by looking at it... it's the way we are built. It's part of the innate sexual drive that makes sex itself work. If you dont want me to look, then dont wear something that will provoke it. You know these things were designed to look sexy right? So then why does it bother you when I appreciate exactly what it is? Otherwise, women should just have a note posted on their forehead that says something like "I know I have huge tits.. but you are not supposed to look at them even if Im not wearing a bra right now"

Case in point, I must draw the line. Let me just clarify that I'm solely talking about "looking". Looking is one thing, and doing something about it, or clearly harassing is another. To the perverted subspecies of men out there... NO, this is not an invitation to rape them or harass them asshole! You are sick and you need to be locked away for a good period of time. There are probably others who would argue that your balls should be cut off and be fed to you and I dont think its a totally bad idea at all.

I am just keepin it real here, but I think I speak for all the 'normal' heterosexual men who try to act and speak discreet whenever they are confronted with tops that are squeezing too tight, pants that are shapingly sewn too well, strategically exposed bellies, thongs, butt cleavage and the works. Its not that we dont respect women, or are instantly metamorphosized into a neanderthal bonehead thats no longer interested in a woman's brain or personality... but it's not your brain thats trying to pop out of your chest, honey!

Being a married man myself, I get my share of times when my wife catches me (sometimes pre-emptively) looking at some girl. I usually get the remark "Oh! baka gusto mo syang sundan? or bka naman gusto mong magpakilala?" And then there are times when she's the one who actually points me to them. "Grabe naman ang suot nyan.." and then I would of course go ... "Saan? Saan?"

Its not even just men exclusively, I wonder how women (at least those who have had "satisfactory" sex before) would try to discretely talk about Philippine Politics, the Economy, or Quantum Physics with a well-endowed guy wearing only speedos. Felix! That'd be fun to watch.

It is interesting how the filipina woman is still the most conscious about how much her flesh peers out. You can be sitting on a jeepney minding your own business when a flat-chested woman enters the jeepney and by sheer accident you get a glimpse of her chest. Sort of weirded out by the split-second experience, you instinctively look at her face. She somehow senses what had just happened and she motions her hand to cover her chest. Of course you turn your head away and silently smirk "Anak ng..." Now you feel awful like a guilty prick when all you did was mind your own business. And then the uneasy feeling starts because you know that she thinks you are looking, and you know that you dont wanna look.. and now everytime you move your head towards her direction she's gonna suspect that you wanna look again... Ayayay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home