Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Some guy...

Very recently, my wife and I were at a mall looking around for a new sofa set. Apparently, she is no longer happy with the one we just bought last year and so I am duty bound to tag along and give my constant objections everytime she motions me about a sofa set that she likes.

But this blog isn't really about that. On one of the last shops we visited, I stayed inside a bit longer than she did because I was looking at some nice high stool chairs that would look great if I had a bar in my house. As I made my way out, I saw my wife sitting on the atrium waiting. She was about 10 yards away from me and as I was getting closer, a young man walked upto her and said "Miss, ano pangalan mo?" (Miss, what's your name?) She then looked up at the young man and pointed at me as I joined them... she said "Asawa ko" (My husband).

And I have to admit that it happened so fast that I really didnt know what to do. With only 1 daughter, my wife is really still quite a looker and the guy wasnt really ugly. He was young though, probably only in his early 20s. I quickly asked "Bakit?" (Why?)... and then the guy suddenly turned his back on us and looked the other way. The weird thing was... he was still standing there, but just looked the opposite way.

So we just stood there for a couple of seconds until I finally decided to walk away. And for some looney reason, I looked back about 30 meters away and the guy is still there standing still and looking at somewhere. And I was like.. "what the fuck was that?"

Was he trying to meet or pickup girls? The old machismo attitude in me kept saying maybe I should've done or said something to scare him. OK, it wasn't saying that I should've beat the pulp out of the kid... just say something to scare him. Maybe something generic like "Me problema ka ba?" (Do you have a problem?) Maybe I should've.... but for the few seconds that I was standing there looking at his nape.. it just felt really fucking weird that he didnt just walk away. I mean what the hell was he doing still standing there?

And then I thought... if that felt weird to me... I wonder how it was for him. Ha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home