Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Ortigas Parking

Yesterday, the security guard stopped me from entering my usual parking slot under this chinese restaurant at the back of our building -- I've been parking there for several months now, that being the only covered parking area that has a flat rate of P75 per day.

I was told that they no longer allowed non-customers to park there, more specially the likes of myself who are non-customers that park there for the entire day. I guess the P75 bribe no longer works for the buggers then since that's what it really is - a bribe. Payments of P75 without reciepts. Because really, nobody gives a flying fuck anyway. It's that or a parking fee of at least P90 and a space without any shade. The car gets a nice tan in the sun so to speak - and the inside feels like an goddamn oven.

I was hissing and cussing of course, but what could I do? Drove around several blocks trying to find something similar, but alas - all the ones with shade are for those monthly rates, and those that allow daily and hourly parking are the "baking" slots. So off I go to SM Megamall for their P40 flat rate and I walk my ass to office for at least 6 blocks.

And then I get to talk to my female colleague who I tipped about that nice parking at the chinese resto. Lo and behold, she was still parked there. No issues when she drove in or anything. Fine - maybe the other guard hadn't gotten the memo yet or whatever. And so I drive in again this morning hoping to use this new found leverage and was met up by the same fucker that stopped me yesteday. So we argued for a while and then I called my friend. She said this same fucker happily smiled at her and released the chain guard to let her in without even a single word. Motherfucker!

I guess this just means I lost favor with them and girls apparently still get to pass through. So do I lodge a complaint and let the management know that their security is letting others pass? I don't really know... I guess it all depends on how good my mood is, or if she eve pisses me off... it's just harder to swallow since I was the one who tipped her about that place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home