Monday, April 18, 2005

Kotong

Got flagged last night doing an illegal U-turn near where I live. Fuck! Why didnt I see him standing there. I would have sped away except I saw his parked motorcycle. 2 vehicles immediately followed what I did and got motioned to join us in the curb.

Its amazing the guy starts lecturing me about traffic rules and why these signs are there for my own protection. Who's protecting me from you? Yadah... yadah... yada... let's get it over with.. give me my fucking ticket!

And as I sit there watching him from my rearview mirror collecting the licenses from the other unfortunate drivers.... images of my past traffic apprehensions flash through my mind and then I remember ... how the hell do I squeeze this in my schedule? I can't even take a day off to do the stuff that needs to be done at home, let alone squeeze this into my schedule during office hours. All for a fucking U-turn on a street that nobody cares about.

He then comes back to me and tells me he's doing me a favor by reducing my violation to a simple "Disregard for Traffic Signs". So he's doing favors for me now? He hands me back my license and tells me "Kayo na lang bahala" (It's your call). So I give him his P100 bribe money and off I go.

"Tang-ina! na 100 ako nung gago!"

I know.. I know... I would've been equally pissed if I got flagged by an officer that wasn't trying to get his next merienda. What a terrible inconvenience that would be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home