Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Packed like sardines...

I usually drive to work, and whenever I can't (because of the unified color coding scheme here in Manila), I have always taken a cab. Today however was different. Dunno why, but I just felt the urge to take the metro train to work. It's been a while since I've used any means of mass public transport here in Manila. The reason has always been its infamy for being uncomfortable. It maybe cheaper than taking a cab, but it's not necessarily faster (at least not to where I am going where I am required to transfer to another train).

So there I stood at the station waiting 15 minutes for the train to arrive. Already a big crowd has begun to congregate in the platforms. It's not even rush hour and yet I wasn't disappointed when the train finally arrived. As expected, it was already packed heavily with people... too tight I'm sure if you ask any female commuter or anyone else who cares not to catch a whiff of teen spirit in the air.

So the door finally swings open and the battle between people alighting and those of us sliding in violently rages on. It takes several warning buzzers before the door finally seals shut. Whew! I am glad that was over with. At least now the only thing I have to contend with is the non-existent air-conditioning inside the train cars. Gawd.. I really am back home in Manila!

Something tells me I'm taking a cab home...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home