Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Early Christmas

This is a great day! I finally get a job offer that's worth considering. My official job title has the new word "Senior" at the front, and the financial compensation is even better than what I was expecting. Very enticing I must say.

Also heard from my boss in Singapore that our only competition in government project X has been disqualified and actually banned from doing any business with the prime contractor. This practically makes it a 1-horse race! He then said that as a show of commitment, he and some other colleagues will be flying to Manila to help out on the POC. Holy Crap... that is fucking good news! I've never doubted our solid technical team to back me up on critical issues, but knowing that they will now be flying in is a tremendous boost of confidence for me.

I've been in the business long enough to know not to count my chicks before they hatch... but the excitement is fucking killing me. Specially because of a big fat commission that's coming my way once this thing gets awarded.

I guess I just have to play it carefully so I still get the commission and then be able to leave nicely and go on with the new company that gave me the great offer. They want me to start as soon as Dec 15 which is really too soon by any standards. Good thing is I'm gonna be working night shift with them so I might be able to sneak in morning meetings with my current company concurrently. Of course I know I wont be able to do this for too long, maybe for 15 days to a month... and then I really need to let go. But that would be enough time to seal the deal on the 2 projects that I'm cooking up so its gonna be worth all the prospective juggling effort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home