Friday, December 30, 2005

Night Shifts

One of the new things that I really love about working the night shift is driving to work in only 10 minutes. This really puts true geographical distances into perspective and goes to show how very near everything really is in Metro Manila if not for the infamous traffic. Let's not forget the consequential effect on your gas consumption. Sweet!

Second is the ability to park anywhere in Makati for free. If you consider that parking rates are so fucking expensive here, then it really is a big thing. Of course, I have my own parking slot at the back of our building, but it really is nice to know that I can drive to a 24-hour resto within Makati and be able to park right at the streets.

I think I'm getting a bit used to being up at night. I beleive the key is really to treat the weekends as if you were still doing night shifts and resist the temptation to go back to normal hours. If you don't, then you have to adjust every goddamn week. It's nice if you're out with friends drinking or whatever... at least you tend to last longer. But if you don't have anything planned, what the hell are you supposed to do all night at home?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home