Thursday, May 18, 2006

US Trip, part 1

I am only on my 3rd day in Florida and I am already a bit bored. Of course, this part of Florida (Cape Coral) isn't really the "exciting" part, altough I am only roughly 2 hours away from Miami. But what can I really do if I don't have any one to go out with? Mr. Know-it-all has been here ahead of me for more than a month now and has been pretty ok as a lunch companion, but I really think that's as far as we hanging together goes.

So to sum up what's happened recently... I travelled under an extreme tribulation of 4 connecting flights from Manila... it's too much from anyone else's opinion of course. My flight itinerary was:

Manila > Narita, Japan
Narita, Japan > Minneapolis
Minneapolis > Detroit
Detroit > Fort Myers

And that my friends is only 1 way! Motherfucking airports... motherfucking packed planes seated in between old farts who wouldn't budge on the arm rest. All in all, it was 20 something hours of hell. SO hoorah... Welcome to America!

First meal I ever ate on US soil was at the Twin Cities (Minneapolis/St. Paul) Airport, and good lord, I had to eat at a chinese fast food. I quickly grabbed something more at Chili's when I realized what I had done. And then I almost missed my flight to Detroit because they changed the goddamn gate. I arrived at the gate 2 hours before the official boarding time and was quietly reading my book and then realized that it was already 20 past boarding time. I looked at the podium and it was empty. More than being empty... there wasn't any activity. No attendants arranging stuff, or preparing the machines, or whatever. So I was like... WTF?

Checked back the monitors and voila... they changed the gate to the far west side of the terminal so I had to scurry there to find that I was one of the last passengers that they were waiting for.

Some more updates to follow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home