Thursday, April 13, 2006

Slevin

Went to see the movie Lucky Number Slevin earlier this afternoon. There was really no other better option. It was either this, or some other shite movie. I hate it when I suddenly have a bit of free time to watch a movie and find nothing worth spending a buck on. Specially since I missed watching V for Vendetta.

I thought Slevin was gonna be something similar to Last Man Standing... which was cool because of the gun fights and the way Bruce Willis downed every shot of whisky in that damn movie... looked so good you would think whisky didnt taste like piss. Slevin also had an interesting cast, not that I'm a Josh Hartnet fan though. But Ben Kingsley and Old Man Morgan was there, so why not right?

I read a couple of average joe reviews from clickthecity.com saying that the story had a twist that you wouldn't expect. They also said that the story was kinda difficult to follow and only revealed itself half-way through. And I was like.. what the fuck? When the boy came out, didn't he look like a young Josh Hartnet? I mean is it really that difficult to figure that out? The kid's Dad and Mom got killed... wasn't it obvious from the beginning that it was gonna be one of those classic kill-em-all revenge flicks? I mean, didn't you even notice that the first scenes were shot neck down, so as not to reveal the identities of the people? Wasn't that obvious that the story was hiding the identities of these characters for now?

Overall, it wasn't such a hot movie. Wasn't such a waste of time either. If I knew I had a better choice and went with this one, then I'd have felt a lot worse about this movie. But since I know there was nothing else... I'm a bit more lenient. I thought I would see Lucy Liu be bitch-slapped again like she did in Mel Gibson's "Payback", but this too was a dissapointment. Lucy does have that x-factor thing that makes her so intriguing. Makes you wanna go on a spanking rampage.. but anyway.

Is it me or is Morgan Freeman starting to become boring these days? Don't get me wrong... he still did a good performance here. I mean if this was another actor, it would've been excellent, but he's done this before and he's starting to play the same role over and over. Same wise, old-man lines that is supposed to bequeath wisdom and experience. I wish he would play a nasty villain someday... not some mob boss that you get to only see talking, some real fucker that you get to hate... that'll be something to watch out for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home