Sunday, February 26, 2006

US Trip

I've recently been told by my boss that they're sending me to Florida for a month or two. They also explained to the rest of the team in Manila that they're not closing the office by June, but merely downsizing and probably moving to a much smaller office because of this. But then a quick count with my fingers reveal something else.

All of the senior guys and managers have been offered to move to Florida for good. The support team will remain but only till June. The rest of the rank and file people have been or will be retrenched this month. Meanwhile myself and another guy who came in just a month ago have been told to go to Florida for 30-60 days. No offers to move there for good yet... Just a visit. And then what? Come back to Manila and be the only 2 people working in the office?

It's obvious that the trip to Florida is supposed to be an assesment or evaluation for us. The rest of the guys have been with company for at least 1 year, so they already know them more or less. And I totally understand the management since I've only been with the company for 2 months, and the other guy for less than 1. I hear that they have rescinded the 2 year bond that was originally part of the deal. Now my colleagues who are moving there are no longer bound to stay with the company for at least 2 years. I also hear that once in Florida, the company will sponsor the petition for a green card for them and their family. Hmmmmm.... it's beginning to look like an offer that will be difficult to refuse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home