Friday, February 17, 2006

The irony of it

I am really trying to understand why my wife is so sensitive about our househelp doing anything when she has just finished ironing clothes?! Suddenly, she is not supposed to do anything anymore. She bothers me with going out to buy some stuff when my small remaining time at home would be best spent snoozing for an hour or two just before I report for nightshift. I mean, its not like I'm a lazy bastard or I am a fucking slave driver. I am very good and generous to house helps that we've had, even if some of them have fucking ruined some expensive shirts in the past.

Why on earth is ironing work regarded (at least the physical aspect of it) with such respect? It seems the househelps are not supposed to get their hands wet after that job, but it's ok if I do even if I just changed another goddamn flat tire or whatever manual work that is obvisouly physically more demanding and tougher than ironing some clothes. Ironing isn't a joke. I know this for a fact since I used to do this for myself when I was still single and I'm fairly sensitive about how my shirts and pants should be ironed... but what is so physically demanding about it really? It's boring, yes... and all the standing can probably give you a bit of sore legs.. back, maybe. But not really that much right? Now she cant be sent to buy some fruits 5 blocks away? What the fuck??!!

I just had an 18-hour day here... give me a break dammit!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home