Tuesday, January 10, 2006

House Window Shopping

Yesterday, my mom coaxed me into visiting this Canyon Ranch in Carmona Cavite. It's basically a real estate developer with some new lots for sale in this hilltop community they're developing above the new race track there. I was supposed to take my daughter to see The Narnia movie but I guess plans have changed now. Even my daughter said it was ok, just so she can spend time with her Lola. Heck, even my wife wanted to see the model houses. I protested but of course, we finally went.

The place was nice, and the air was cool because they had a nice breeze going, being on the hills and all. The model houses looked great, but then again why wouldnt they, if they were the "model" that everyone would go and see. The thing is, they were expensive... at least, the one that I really liked. But my mom really had her eyes pinned on this 3 room house option and relatively speaking, it was the best deal in the brochure as far as financing is concerned.

And for a moment I could really imagine myself seeing the community already set up with people and houses around. It would obviously be great to live there and have a relaxed life. But then again.. when do I really expect myself to do that? In 2 years? or 5? I'm not really planning on retiring in the next 5 years. I mean of course I would like to have the money to do so, but that's highly unlikely. Besides, this is Carmona, Cavite we are talking about, and SLE traffic can be very vicious and unforgiving. If I had a house in the Metro, then this would be a nice option as a vacation spot, somewhere to be a bit more laid back... but other than that, I'd rather throw my chips at buying a house in the Metro first.

And then we make the trip back and reality really snaps back into perspective. I tell my mom my thoughts about it and basically decline the offer to buy a house there also so we get some sort of discount. For a moment there, my mom sounded like she was asking me if I wanted to buy a shirt in a mall or something. But, she takes them pretty well. I do hope that they go ahead and buy the one they like, because at least for them, this would be an OK choice being based in the US and all of that. Whenever they're here, I'd rather that they have some quiet place to relax and enjoy, rather than be in the Metro and have to deal with traffic and all the other old "friends" I'd rather they not see.

My wife and I strolled around Megamall for a while as we try to convince my daughter that there are other edible food besides Jollibee. She ended up giving her consent when reassured that we would buy spring rolls.

I've been wanting to buy loafer shoes for a while now but havent really found anything that's really convincing. And then I decide to walk in to Mendrez, and there I see 3 loafers that I like. One of them, I really love. I tried my size and they looked really great. Bad news was that the third one was out of stock for my size, so what could I do? I ended buying both of them since I couldnt make up my mind.

1 Comments:

At 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was from Carmona, Cavite, now living peacefully in North America. Good decision not to buy a house there. They have the most corrupt public officials there and typically cavite-mafia style liquidation of oppositions!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home