Saturday, January 21, 2006

The Hour

Holy Crap! Last night, I arrived feeling awful knowing that in several hours, the announcement from senior management would come, and the team leads would be advised about the attrition. So my fellow Senior Project managers and I were basically just mulling around and quielty awaiting the hour as we watch everybody else casually go about their daily work routine, totally oblivious to the fact that most of them are about to lose their jobs. In certain cases, groups would be totally wiped out completely.

I was chatting over YM when I saw the support staff stand up one by one, telling everybody that there was a meeting at the conf room. I looked behind me and saw that QC guys were also starting to queue inside their bosses office. Fuck! This is it. It's ON.

Once everybody was inside, I stood up and just walked out. It was 3 in the morning and there was really nothing to do outside, but I had to go out for air and think. I didnt want to be in the office when their meeting finished. The dread of it. They all seemed nice people. They had such dynamic relationships. They seemed to be working well together...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home