Thursday, January 19, 2006

Gloomy Day Ahead

Just came out of a meeting. I already felt suspicious when my boss called us 30 minutes early for our weekly meeting. He seemed like something was bothering him, and there was. We got a heads up on a gloomy event that will unfold next Monday. Apparently, there is a management buyout that is ongoing at our US headquarters and so heads will roll. And our Manila office is gonna take a big hit. 60% attrition, actually.

We were reassured that our group would remain intact, but he was honest about telling us that he would be leaving after this tide has past. So what does that make of us? Are we now supposed to report directly to the US office? I think the only reason they are retaining us is because of our visibility to the existing clients being Project Managers, and that it is almost impossible right now to simply just hand all these existing projects to new people. Maybe I am too paranoid, and maybe we're all gonna be just fine. But then how can one treat a management buyout without a dish of a little paranoia?

What options do I really have right now? What future is there for me in this company? And so while they claim that I am safe, should I just wait until it becomes convenient for them to let me go? I think not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home