Friday, October 06, 2006

New phone


I've been told that I'm finally getting my new Nokia 6280 phone today. Personally, I didn't really think I could survive without one for even a few days. For the record, it has been 12 days since that fateful day. Sure. People have been contacting me. But if it was really that important, they would've tried calling me on my landline at home, or at least by some other means. I guess this puts communication technology in perspective, and how a lot of the stuff that passes through your mobile can really be done without. Not all. But a good number of them.

I know for a fact that I missed several business calls. Couple ones from my former boss in Singapore. Some from my current boss. There's also that 1 important message that would've advised me that work was suspended. Some from a partner wannabe. Quite a few from well-wishing friends, and then some other trivial ones. 2 nights ago, I was out drinking with friends from highschool. I came home at about 3:00 AM since my wife couldn't annoy me with constant messages and phone calls. That was pretty nice. I guess there are always two sides to everything. It's nice to be "unreachable" for once.

1 or 2 days after I inadvertently left the damn thing in a taxi cab, we went to greenhills to buy a cheap one. I'm getting a free one anyway, so why waste money on a hi-end mobile phone? So we went around with a P1,500 budget. Fuckers kept giving me supposedly "new and original" Nokia 3310 units that felt every bit as fake as Pam Anderson's titties. Not that I've felt them before, but I'm sure those twin boys must've felt like cheap plastic too. I will never ever buy another phone from that place.

The 6280 isn't the best one out there. Truth be told, I dont really like 3G phones in the first place. Video calls? Picture this:

Wife: Where are you at right now?
Me: I'm here at the office. I need to finish a couple more reports so I wont be home till about 10PM. (Of course, I'm probably just at some bar. Seating on the toilet seat because the house is loud with Black-Eyed Peas music)
Wife: Really? Turn on the camera so I can see...
Me: Err...

Busted!

Besides, my boss will probably require me to have a blackberry pretty soon anyways. Corporate email access 24x7. No more excuse for not being "available". He must already be drooling right now thinking about me being "that" available.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home