Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Rainy Night

Crap! I'm back at my desk. Wasn't able to bring the car to work and it's raining outside. There were about 20 people lined up outside the building fighting for the infamously rare cab ride on a rainy night. Called my wife. I'd rather wait for her.

******

Yesterday, I caught the latest update on the wild river ride issue while watching late night news. It seems a bumper car has malfunctioned and actually started to smoke. The city government has ordered the theme park to be closed anew, pending a new inspection. I can't believe the mayor and the engineers had the guts to face the TV crew and valiantly proclaim that they're ordering Start City to close again. What the fuck did they do the first time around then?

A 12 yr old girl fell and died while on top of the wild river ride and so everybody was a-buzz with such an unfortunate incident. They supposedly did a thorough inspection. They eventually reopened the place a few days ago, and now this? Excuse me for a fucking minute here... but which nincompoop did the initial investigation then? But who cares really... we all know public security certificates from the LGUs are so cheap these days, you wouldn't bother to get the change if you bought one.

*******

Last saturday, I was at Elorde Gym for my boxing workout. We went 6 rounds this time, and I didn't really get exhausted. Of course, there is a difference between tired and exhausted. Tired is when your hands get a bit weary and maybe you take a minute to sit down or sip some activade. Exhausted is panting like a motherfucker fighting for his life. I was exhausted the first time, but not this time. I'm at least starting to build back a stamina that resembles someone who used to bench press 4 reps of 250lbs, or play 4 hours of continuous basketball drills and full court games. OK maybe not exactly like my old stamina, but at least something that doesn't immediately label me as a pussy.

I still weigh between 210lbs and 215lbs, but at least I feel better. I also found out that part of the reason my knuckles got sore was because I was trying to punch the heavy bag with the fist, and not like I should when my fists are wearing gloves. OK, I just reread that sentence and I don't really know if it made any sense. I just know that I can punch the bag really hard now and it doesn't hurt anymore. I've also started to work the medicine ball like a metronome, but I still need to polish up my speed ball.

Not bad for my second time at Elorde.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home